At Eden Reforestation Projects we have a holistic approach to reforestation and ecological restoration.
- Our national leaders partner with villages that are committed to restoring their forests.
- We then hire and train local villagers to plant new trees.
- They plant native tree species.
- The villages protect their new forests because they have a vested interest in them.
- Top tier seedling survival rate – over 80%. Even higher when natural generation is factored in.
VILLAGES MANAGE OUR NURSERIES & PLANTING SITES:
We start by hiring the local villagers to plant trees. This gives them a consistent income so they can provide for their families again. As the reforestation effort goes on, healthy forests begin to emerge and the negative effects of deforestation begin to disappear.
Since we began over 384 million trees have been planted around the world in Ethiopia, Madagascar, Nepal, Haiti, Indonesia, Mozambique, Kenya, and Central America.
View our 2019 Annual Report to see the planting highlights from each of our project nations and our goals for 2020.
Sign up for email updates to get notified about results and project updates.