At Eden Reforestation Projects (Eden), we have a holistic approach to reforestation and ecological restoration.
- Our national leaders partner with villages that are committed to restoring their forests.
- We hire and train local people to plant new trees.
- They plant native tree species.
- The communities protect their new forests because they have a vested interest in them.
- Top tier seedling survival rate – over 80%, even higher when natural generation is factored in.
COMMUNITIES MANAGE OUR NURSERIES AND PLANTING SITES
We start by hiring people in the local communities to plant trees. This gives them a consistent income so they can provide for their families again. As the reforestation effort goes on, healthy forests begin to emerge, and the harmful effects of deforestation begin to disappear.
Since we began, Eden has planted more than 650 million trees around the world in Ethiopia, Madagascar, Nepal, Haiti, Indonesia, Mozambique, Kenya, and Central America.
View our 2020 Annual Report to see the planting highlights from each of our project nations and our goals moving forward.
Sign up for email updates to get notified about results and project updates.